There is never a shortage of new features added to Facebook to improve the user experience. The company added various features, including new instructions before sharing articles, sound-based emojis, and Clubhouse-like Live Audio Rooms earlier this year. And now, Facebook has added a new “Add photos from your mobile device” button to its desktop platform. It allows users to select photos from their smartphone to upload via the website.
This new Facebook feature is an elegant addition to the web platform. It lets you draft a desktop post, giving you a larger canvas, while letting you quickly add photos from your smartphone. So here’s how you can upload photos to the Facebook web platform from your mobile device:
How to add mobile photos to Facebook Web (2021)
Before moving on to the steps to upload photos from your mobile device to your desktop, it’s worth remembering that the Facebook app on your mobile device needs to be updated. So, be sure to update the app from the Google Play Store or the App Store before moving on. Additionally, you must be logged in to the same Facebook account on your mobile phone and website to use the feature.
Now, apart from that, here are the steps to add photos from a mobile device to the Facebook web platform.
1. Open Facebook in your favorite browser on your computer and log into your account.
2. From the home feed, click the “Photo / Video” button under the heading “What do you have in mind?” post creation text box at the top.
3. The “Create Post” pop-up window will open on the screen. Here you will find a new “Add photos from your mobile device” option, located just below the “Add photos / videos” option on Facebook.
4. Now, to upload the photos to the Facebook website from your mobile device, click the “Add” button.
5. Now go to your smartphone and open the Facebook app. Go to the “Notifications” tab from the bottom navigation bar. You’ll find a new notification, saying that “you can continue adding photos to your post”.
6. Tap the notification to view the photo selection page in the Facebook mobile app. Select the images you want to upload and tap the “Done” button at the top right. Next, tap the “Done” button next to the “Add More Photos” button on the next page to make all these photos available on the web platform.
7. You will now see the photos selected on your mobile device appear immediately in your post on the Facebook website. Add a caption and click the “Post” button to share your photos on the social media platform.
In this way, you can easily share photos and videos available on your smartphone via the Facebook desktop website. Also, you can add more photos in the post from your smartphone, even after selecting the initial ones.
Upload mobile photos to Facebook website posts
That’s pretty much it! This is a pretty cool feature that could come in handy for many users like me who like to keep photos and videos stored on a smartphone rather than transferring them to a desktop or laptop. The feature is currently active on the Facebook web client and mobile app. So, try it out using the steps above and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.